Thursday, May 28, 2009

Poythress: PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: DO THEY MEAN IT?


PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: DO THEY MEAN IT?

I am a Vietnam Veteran, proud American and furious Georgia Democrat who wants the Republican candidates for Governor to come out of the closet on the secession issue. There are certain matters of bedrock American Patriotism that are command performances, and standing proud under the American flag and Pledging Allegiance are among them.

Unfortunately, GOP candidates Nathan Deal, John Oxendine, Karen Handel and others disagree. They still haven’t come forward to disavow their ridiculous secession talk. I, for one, want to know if they mean the words in our Pledge of Allegiance, "one nation, under God, indivisible", or not! Do they truly mean the words when they say the Pledge, or is it just a cheap political pander to those of us who love this country and those who have put on the uniform and proudly gone into harm’s way for our country?

There is no confusion about where I stand on this issue; I put out this video last week. I also called on Congressman Nathan Deal to stand with me and repudiate all this silly chatter about secession from the United States.

Nathan Deal, John Oxendine, Karen Handel and others are now trying to duck this issue. Since they won’t come forward on their own, I think we should smoke them out ourselves. 

If you share my outrage, join me in pushing them to make a public stand. Below are their contact numbers. Call them today and ask them if they will stand with America by publicly disavowing their previous positions about secession from the United States.

And after you call, be sure to send my campaign an email to tell us what they said.

Nathan Deal: 770-297-0011

John Oxendine: 404-872-1740

Karen Handel: 770-740-0010

0 comments: