Thursday, March 5, 2009

My LTTE About Michael Adams' Poor Judgement

The Red and Black published this today from me:

I was truly disappointed reading University President Michael Adams' Wednesday column, "Many factors influence University decisions." Our president not only did not apologize for recklessly endangering the lives of students by holding classes on a day when most of the disaster relief didn't even start yet, he also downplayed the sort of dangers students faced.

He writes that he regrets that "individuals were inconvenienced." There were widespread reports of bruises, fractures and dislocations.

A girl in one class of mine had her hand bleeding from a fall. These are not inconveniences - they are the consequences of you making this truly callous decision to hold classes before the campus was safe again.

I am ashamed of President Adams. I was raised to apologize when my actions hurt other people. He obviously was not raised the same way.


Someone apparently didn't like what I wrote, and left a very interesting comment that ended this way: "It's time to grow up. I promise you, if everybody who had an accident or injury Tuesday would have slowed down and taken their time, over have of those cases would have been avoided!!"

Speaking of slowing down when doing things so as to avoid mistakes...

0 comments: