Monday, June 1, 2009

Americans Must Live Within their Means



I feel somewhat hypocritical saying this, but Americans we must start living within our means. We need to quit charging so much stuff up, myself included. I have taken steps to ensure that I will be able to survive the economic crisis, such as finding more economical shopping methods.

What we must get over is this "I must have it, and I must have it now mentality." You know, I wanted a truck when I bought my New Aveo (small Chevy Car). I wanted a nice Chevy 1500 Silverado Z71, but that was not in the cards for me at the moment, and I also don't NEED a truck. What I needed, and got, was an economical car that can get me back and forth to work.

Remember when you were a child, and you didn't have a credit card? And if you wanted that $30 toy, you have to save your $10 allowance for three weeks. Well, the only difference now is that your allowance is now a salary, and your toy's are more expensive.

When your dying in financial debt, as the picture above shows, get over your desire to go to the mall!

0 comments: