Monday, June 22, 2009

I can forgive slip ups...



Here is the list of corrupt politicians who have been involved in some type of sex-related scandals.

I am not picking on republicans, there just seems to be a lot more of them. We should not forget Bill Clinton, for instance, who had his on sex scandals.

Here is my point: Elected Officials are human to and they make mistakes. But take a look at these numbers and tell me that this "national outrage" is not a bit hypocritical.

About 60 percent of men and 40 percent of women will have an affair at some point in some marriage
"Monogamy Myth", Therapist Peggy Vaugn

70 percent of married women and 54 percent of married men did not know of their spouses' extramarital activity.

90 percent of Americans believe adultery is morally wrong.


In other words, stop this fake outrage people. In all honesty, that is what makes the Ensign story even worth watch. I care that he cheated on his wife and such, but that does not affect his ability to do his job. What does bother me was when he said:

I came to that conclusion recently, and frankly it’s because of what he put his whole Cabinet through and what he has put the country through, He has no credibility left.


Slipping up I can forgive, hypocrites have to go!

0 comments: